Hair Restoration consultation is more productive if the client does homework before seeking a consultation.
- Read about causes of hair loss and hair restoration treatment options.
- Find out a Doctor who is Qualified in hair restoration field.
- Find out the Doctor experience in hair restoration field.
- Prefer to choose a Doctor whose practice is limited only in hair restoration.
- Prefer a Doctor who is not limited with only one technique fits all approach.
- Take few referrals from Doctor Office and ask about their experience.
- Meet in person with at least one client to see the results of your chosen Doctor.
Client Must Explain
- Client must express his or her Expectation and Goals.
- Client must ask how to protect existing hair from hair loss.
- Client should ask about which surgical option suits would best in his or her unique situation.
- Client should review lot of pictures.
- Client should ask about the surgical experience of Doctor team.
- Client should ask about pain reducing methods.
- Client should ask about use of microscopes in follicular units preparation.
- Client should ask about new advances in this field.
Physician Must Explain
After listening physician should communicate his or her knowledge which helps the unique needs of each client.
- Physician should explain cause of client hair loss and the FDA approved Medical options to prevent hair loss.
- Physician should explain the progressive nature of hair loss and limited ability to predict future hair loss.
- Physician should explain the permanence of restored hair line.
- Physician should provide the opportunity to examine his or her results by the client.
- Physician should examine Donor area and explain how many follicular units per cm sq are present. Greater than 60 FUs/ cm sq are considered good.
- Physician should explain the donor hair caliber. Hair caliber above 60 micron is considered good.
- Physician should provide the estimated number of follicular units required to achieve the client goals.
- Physician should draw the hairline and discuss in detail with the client.